Monday, July 28, 2014

DIY Taco Seasoning



You know, Ive never considered myself a "Do It Yourself" er. 

I guess my idea of a DIY'er  were these picture perfect, Donna Reed, Artsy Fartsy, Super Moms. Well sometime between 2009 & today I discovered my inner culinary & beauty DIY'er side which brings me to this recipe. 
Last night was Taco Night! I love me some tacos man! 
So the hubby & I prepped everything & started the meat & as it would happen....no taco seasoning left in the cupboard. So i did a pinterest search & found some basic recipes for 1 lb of ground beef. I however needed a 2lb recipe & something that used less cumin because I just dont like cumin much. So in true form I used a more unique but equally as flavorful recipe for 2lbs of meat. The beauty of making your own seasoning is that you can make it to suit your own or your family's likes & dislikes. Try it! Youll like it! Literally takes about a minute to do which is so cool to me.


  • INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 tsp. ground cumin
  • 1 tsp. sea salt
  • 3 tsp. chili powder
  • 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
  • 1/2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
  • 3 tsp. paprika
  • 3 tsp. onion powder
  • 2 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1 tsp. black pepper
Mix well in a small bowl or add ingredients to a ziplock bag & shake vigorously 

No comments: