Saturday, August 10, 2013

Crockpot Orange Chicken (Simple & Quick)

As I said, Lots of chicken this week! This recipe is seriously yummilicious!
 Now normally with Orange Chicken id cut the chicken into bite size pieces before hand but you can cut it afterwards and it wont affect the taste (in my opinion). OK onto the recipe! It cant wait.



Ingredients:
4lbs Chicken Breasts
1 cup Ketchup
1/3 Cup Soy Sauce
3 Tbsp Vinegar
1 Tsp Toasted Sesame Oil
7 Tbsp Orange Marmalade
2 Tbsp Ground Ginger
4 Cloves of Garlic (you can substitute for Garlic Powder)

Directions:

Place chicken in crockpot (you can use a sea salt rub with some pepper but I choose to leave plain because theres so much flavor already and teh soy sauce is salty enough)

In medium or large bowl mix together all other ingredients and pour over the chicken in crockpot.


Cook on low for 5 hours and serve over rice, or broccoli. 
I'm willing to bet this would be phenomenal with some stir fry! 
I may have to try that soon. 
Let me know how you like it! 

This recipe was written by me. Any similarities to other recipes is purely coincidental.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Melody, this looks and sounds absolutely amazing! I bet it has a lot of flavor.

Unknown said...

My crockpot broke and now after seeing this recipe I really need to get a new one!

Pieces Of Joj0 said...

oh wow!!!! this would be great for us over rice!!! amazing!!!

Melody said...

Thanks Ladies!! Jojo it is REALLY good over rice. Its also good with broccoli and stir fry veggies as well.

Unknown said...

This sounds yummy. Is it spicy?

Nikki Thompson said...

You may just be my twin because I am all about the chicken lol...I'm going to have to try this one too, looks so good!