Saturday, September 21, 2013

Pumpkin Soup

Hey Everyone!!!!  It's Joj0 from Pieces Of Joj0!!!  So glad to be posting again!!  I decided to make this pumpkin soup since it is hitting fall when it starts to get chilly and everyone starts making soups to warm up!  Plus, I love all things pumpkin, so...lol   It is incredibly filling and versatile enough to throw in other things if you wish.  You will see at the end I put some elbow macaroni in, but you can also try some sausage or whatever else you experiment with!!  Leave a comment and let us know what you do or add or change!!!





Ingredients:

7 cups water
4 Chicken Bouillon Cubes
1 29oz can Libby's Pure Pumpkin
1tsp Parsley
1/2tsp Thyme
1/2tsp Celery Salt
1tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 cup Chopped Onions
Dash of Cayenne Pepper
Dash of Ginger
Dash of Tomato Bouillon w/chicken flovor
1/2cup of Light Sour Cream

Directions:


Most of my ingredients.


Place 7 cups of water in large pot and bring to a boil.  Add in the 4 bouillon cubes.  Stir until completely disolved.


Put in all remaining ingredients EXCEPT the sour cream.  Mix well and let boil for about 10 min.  Reduce heat to simmer for another 15 min. or so.


Remove from heat and place all contents (in batches) into the blender blending until nice and smooth.  I poured it into another pot and then did my batches so that my blended soup could be put back into the original pot (it is my preferred pot!  lol)


Heat blended soup on med-high heat until little bubbles start to come up.  Add in the sour cream, stirring until completely mixed in.


Remove from heat and serve in bowl.  Garnish with parsley!


Here is the elbow macaroni mixed into the soup.  This one bowl was EXTREMELY filling!!  I hope you enjoy this!!  Again, please, let us know how you like this recipe and anything you did to change/add to it!!  Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm not a huge fan of pumpkin, unless it's in a pie, but this sounds tasty. Your pictures are also very enticing. I think I'd definitely add some noodles into it and can see how it would be filling.