Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Yummy Chicken Drumsticks

I made a nice dinner yesterday using some drumsticks and thighs (wing size not full size & bone in) and unfortunately i didnt get any pics or measure anything but I figured Id list the ingredients here & give my estimates because OMG it was good! I do have some left so i will try and take a pic when i reheat it. 


Ingredients: 
(remember these are estimates because I didnt measure specifically)
1 1lb packet of drumsticks
1 1lb packet of chicken thighs
1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup dijon mustard
1/4 cup honey mustard
1 small can of tomato sauce
4 tablespoons of honey
2 shallots grated

Add chicken drums & thighs to crockpot
Mix all other ingredients and pour over chicken
Cook on low for 5-6 hours 


The flavor of these were so good, I was very surprised! I am one who doesnt like tomatoey(is that a word?) sauces so i was a bit pensive about making this but I really am trying to branch out with my recipes. Im very glad i took a chance because this made me want to try again. 


This recipe was written by me. Any similarities to other recipes is purely coincidental.






10 comments:

Stepping into Motherhood said...

Hello, from your newest follower. Found you on bloggy moms. Keep up the good cooking.
Angela @ Time with A & N ( http://glennbabies.blogspot.com)

Melody said...

Great thanks for the follow! I hope youll like it here =)

Unknown said...

Yummy! I'm coming out to California in a year or so and screw going out to eat, we're coming to your house for some chicken dinner!

Unknown said...

Im so hungry now! Another great recipe! I also didnt know that you could put drumsticks in the crockpot, very awesome!

Pieces Of Joj0 said...

yumm!!! i don't like meat on a bone so I can use this on tenders!!!

Unknown said...

Another great recipe. I love how you can come up with your own ideas of recipes.

Unknown said...

Another great recipe. I love how you can come up with your own ideas of recipes.

Nikki Thompson said...

That sounds amazing! And anything I can just put in a crockpot and leave it be is a winner in my book!

Bookworm Babblings said...

This sounds great! You amaze me with your recipe ideas.

Unknown said...

This sounds like it has some amazing flavor to it!