Monday, January 6, 2014

Angels Yam CakeBake

Happy 7th Birthday to the baby of the bunch! My Angel girl (that's her nick and middle name) turned 7 today and being low on funds and energy I decided to do a cake that was as unique as my youngest child. And man, this is some unique stuff I'm about to share! I can almost guarantee that this probably has never been done before (my twisted little mind is a plethora of unique) and while it may sound as odd as a duck wearing a raincoat, I can assure you it tastes FANTASTIC! 

1 can Princella Yams
1/2 Bag of Angel Food Cake
Molasses
Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 cup Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
4 tbs Butter/Margarine
2 tsps Flour or Corn starch
Preheat oven to 350°
In cake pan empty can of yams & distribute evenly across pan (mostly drained)
Drizzle molasses and condensed milk over yams until all of them have a drizzle.
Combine butter, brown sugar, cinnamon , and flour until creamy smooth and then spread over yams.
Place in oven and bake for 10 min. Take pan out and fold angel food cake mix into yams. Place in oven again and bake until mix rises and is golden brown.


Please excuse the angel food white mess around the pan , i am not known for my neatness. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a very unique cake that looks delicious!

Unknown said...

Great job, Melody!
That's definitely unique and it sounds really tasty. I hope your daughter had a great birthday!